9/2/07

Play another slow jam, this time make it sweet

Missed the ceremony? Why? Because I like to sleep in... so bad. Well, at least I got to go to H&M to look for a new dress... oh the joys of formal celebrations! Got this green stripy silk dress, it's so cute. But the fitting room line up was hell... took up a larger portion of our visit. OH, and I got a navy cardigan sweater and two pairs of gold earrings (fake, but who cares... I won't wear them all the time).

Got ready with the family, then off to the reception. Came late, that's us all right. Clocks running on Filipino time, AS PER USUAL. No friends for me, just adults. All the kids my age didn't know me. (See, if I still danced with FreshGroove I would. I'm considering starting up again...)

I had nobody to talk to or dance with or ANYTHING. Finally when it got down to the dancing portion of the night, guess who was sitting at the table all by her lonesome. You got it. Me. My parents attempted to pull my onto the dancefloor but it's just weird. I'm sorry! IT IS. I was secretly (not too secretly anymore) wishing that some boy would tap me on my shoulder and ask me to dance, sorta like in the movies or in the song "Slow Jam" by Usher and Monica. But, I'll tell you more on that later.

There were a few battle circles formed during the night, which I'd have to admit was pretty dope. I wish I could bgirl... but ANYWAY. I saw a few people I sorta knew, you know, the kind who know OF you and you know OF them. Wanted to say hi, but believe it or not, I can be shy at times. Later that night before we were about to leave the family persuaded me to dance with them, I thought, fine we're almost gone anyway. So I went. The song finished. Then a slow jam came on to end the night. We were almost on our way out the ballroom door when 'some boy' taps me by my shoulder and asks me to dance with him. Unfortunately, I was leaving so I couldn't dance. But, hey, my wish came true after all.

2 comments:

camille said...

"I was secretly (not too secretly anymore) wishing that some boy would tap me on my shoulder and ask me to dance, sorta like in the movies or in the song "Slow Jam" by Usher and Monica. But, I'll tell you more on that later."

that's happened to me before, i said no. HAHHAA! how was h&m? it's in coquitlam right? man i wanna go!

camille said...

haha no i was like what.. 10! and in the philippines! i wanna go to h&m!