12/30/07

I've got the Hong Kong blues

I HATE FLYING. I really, really do. I also absolutely loathe flights over 2 hours. Yes, I may sound extremely diva-esque, give me a break. I take gravol in hopes that I'll be knocked out for a majority of the 13 hours and 20 minutes of flight, nope. Do you have any idea how many movies and shows I had to watch during this excruciatingly long flight?! If I didn't feel so lousy during flights then I'd sort of enjoy it... SORT OF. I ended up watching: Stardust, No Reservation (cute movie, I liked it), Mulan, CSI, Friends, some of Ratatouille (which I want to see the rest of, it seems so... adorable!), and a bunch of randoms which I can't remember. Thankfully Cathay Airlines has the best service so we were constantly fed. We ate pasta, dinner rolls, salad, pie, cookies, pork buns, sandwiches, cup of noodles, fruit salad, beef and rice, veggie pasta... you name it. Oh, and also your choice of beverage. Oh dear God I sound like I'm advertising them or something...

*OKAY, breathe*

Sorry about that. I'm just so tired! I was up for over 24 hours, I'm still in the same clothes from December 29th, I haven't taken off my makeup (although, thankfully I was able to brush my teeth -- thank God!) and I've been walking around the airport of Hong Kong for so long I think I'm fully able to create a blueprint of it this very instant.

*Omg, you see how angry and sarcastic I get when I don't get my sleep?! My apologies again. Although, I do believe that this is most likely a rather interesting blog if I do say so myself...*

So, my parents and I came in hopes to check in at The Travellers Lounge, a place where people stay when they don't want to get a hotel, it's pretty much a hotel inside of the terminal. Anyway, we decided to check in there overnight since our layover in Japan would be for 11 hours. We find out that they don't even have rooms... just cubicals with twin sized beds that we have a choice to either sleep in (10 hrs) or nap (2 hrs). We get the overnight package and to our misfortune there are only two beds... and we're not ALLOWED to sleep in the lounges, you're only allowed to sit. Wtf is that noise?! So we end up not even checking into the lounge and we sleep on the chairs. Luckily I'm tiny so I was able to get a pretty okay sleep seeing as my legs were short enough to fit snuggly on the airs in the waiting area... I also brought my beloved Elmo fleece blanket, so I was pretty warm.

The next morning (I believe?) I wake up, completely uncomfortable and my dad is trying to get us to move along in front of another gate.. uh no?! We were already walking up and down this airport all night last night! My mom asked this man for "Cathay Airlines" and he thought she said "cafe" or "coffee" so he led us back to were we came from and showed us a Starbucks (which by the way, wasn't even open!).. so we ask another person for "gate T" and they take us to Starbucks again thinking we wanted "tea" OMG! Hahaha... I have to admit, it was kind of comical. Hardy har har har...

As for right now it is 4:19am in Japan and... I don't even know what time it would be in BC. My fight for Manila is at 7am (or some time around 7am, anyway) and I have 3 hours to kill. OH BOY. I'm pretty happy that I was able to kind this Internet Zone with the computers for free usage... booyah!

I'd just be so happy right now if I could wash my face, change my clothes (which isn't possible seeing as my check in luggage is on it's way to the Manila Airport), re-apply my makeup, sleep (well), eat, and just be in The Philippines already! However, I'm pretty happy knowing that the flight will only last approximately 2 hrs or so, give or take? My plan is to take some gravol half an hour before my flight and just sleep the whole way there... and probably on the car ride to the hotel... and at the hotel. I just want SLEEP!

*K my dad is calling me, I must be on my way... I'll blog more later. Maybe I'll be a bit more.. chipper... yeah right. HA!*

JLove

No comments: